Ten Steps to Obtain a Visa to Study in France
1. Check to see if you need a visa to study in France. Some nationalities don’t need visas – for example, if you are from a European country you don’t need a visa. You can find out from the official website for visa application in France : https://france-visas.gouv.fr/
2. You can also check with the French Embassy in your own country. French Embassy’s have Educational Representatives that are trained to answer all of your questions about studying in France.
3. There different Kinds of visa’s:
- Short stay visas for visits that last less than 90 days
- Long stay visas called VLS-TS for visits that last from 90+ days to 360 days See: https://france-visas.gouv.fr/web/france-visas/ai-je-besoin-d-un-visa for more information
4. Once you have registered at the Inspire Academy for a language stay, then you can contact the embassy or ministry to get your visa. You also need to get all your papers in order. This includes your school acceptance and registration, valid passport, photos, fees, and sometimes proof of travel plans and banking information.
5. The Inspire Academy does not arrange for student visas. We suggest that students start at least 2 months prior to travelling by contacting the French Embassy. Once you have registered, we will send you the registration documents you need to enable you to come to France as a student.
6. If you are refused a visa do not be disappointed. Simply ask the Embassy why your visa was refused. You may have the opportunity to correct the problem and have your application reconsidered. If your visa is delayed, Inspire Academy will work with you to reschedule your classes.
7. If you tried everything and you cannot get a visa to France, try getting a short-term visa to a nearby country like Spain. The Inspire Academy is located near Spain, and we can still provide you with French lessons and experiences.
8. If you are refused a visa and you want a refund, there will be an 80 Euro administrative cancellation fee. The registration free is non-refundable. You must request a refund within 30 days of your scheduled class. If you cancel less than 30 days before your class, this will be your refund amount:
- 30% of the of the course charges 30 days or more before the start of the course,
- 50% of the of the course charges 16 to 29 days before the start of the course,
- 75% of the course charges if cancelled 3 to 15 days before the start of the course,
- 100% of the total if cancelled n on the Friday before or after the start of the course.
9. To register for your staycation in Biarritz France please click here.
10. Once you have your visa acceptance and you pick up your visa, start making arrangements for your stay. We will be happy to give you advice and suggestions on where to stay. Then start packing for a productive, fun and memorable language staycation with the Inspire Academy in Biarritz.